The State of Florida requires insurance companies to offer reduced rates for certain hurricane-resistant features.
A homeowner with windstorm insurance can often submit the results of a windstorm inspection to their insurer to obtain discounts on their windstorm insurance. In Florida, for example, premium discounts for certain favorable wind mitigation features are mandated by State law and can total 45% of the original policy’s premium.
Waypoint will document the features present in your home and produce a report for you to use in your request for reduced rates.
Waypoint East Guarantee
“Waypoint guarantees peace of mind when you can’t predict everything that could go wrong after a home inspection. That’s why we have several products to help protect you if something should go wrong in your new home.”
What Features Qualify for the Wind Mitigation Insurance Discount?
- Roof coverings, such as shingles that meet the FBC Requirements.
- Roof decks that have been installed with large nails and close spacing.
- Hurricane clips/straps that hold the roof structure to the walls.
- Protection of Openings such as windows and glass doors with impact resistant glazing or other protection systems.
- Secondary Water Resistance that prevents the roof from leaking if the roof covering is blown off in a windstorm.
- Newly Constructed Homes built to the Florida Building Code since March 1, 2002
- Homes built to the South Florida Building Code in Miami-Dade and Broward counties after 1994.
Many Houses in Florida Qualify
Existing houses have one or more of these wind-resistive construction features and may qualify for some insurance discounts.
In addition, houses built after 1994 in the Miami-Dade or Broward counties, as well as houses built after 2002 in the rest of the state, generally have many wind resistive construction features and will likely qualify for significant credits.
We recommend a wind mitigation inspection in Boca Raton, FL, and surrounding areas to everyone as it almost always saves you money on insurance.
Areas We Serve
Palm Beach County | St. Lucie County | Okeechobee County | Martin County | Broward County | Miami-Dade County